Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tuesday Night Lights






Yesterday I went to my first High School Lacrosse match.  Casey a freshman, started for the Varsity team last night.  She did a great job with a some tenacious defense!  She looked great with her white headband and her lacrosse stick wrapped in pink tape.  It was a great game, close at the half but in the end Millbrook was victorious by over 10 goals!


After the game was over Casey came over and gave me a big hug and told me all about it.   She was grinning ear to ear when she ran off the field and was so excited to be in the game and even more excited to start.


I was really proud of her.  Although she is only on Varsity right now because of an injury to another player, she is taking advantage of it.  The fact that she started leads me to believe that it will be hard for them to send her back down to JV.  Casey has a great work ethic and when she wants something she goes after it!  I don't know if I know of another teenager that has their life planned out the way that Casey does.  She is going to go far in life because of that planning and her work ethic.


I don't know much about Lacrosse in fact I have to ask Scott a lot of questions when I go to a game.  I told them last night that I have 4 years to understand the game so I am going to make them count!


It was fun to sit underneath the lights on a Tuesday night when it was near 80 degrees and watch someone that is passionate about their sport.  I hope there are a lot more nights like last night!  I can't wait to watch her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment