Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dislike...





Sometimes I just don't understand. 

I watch a lot of videos on the internet.  I am always looking for videos and clips that I can use with the youth to help drive home a point or help to build their spirituality.  There are many different sites that I go to, WIMP, Godtube, and of course YouTube.  All of these sites provide places on their websites for people to leave comments and to click on buttons that show likes and dislikes of a video.  They also show you how many people have watched the videos.

Most of the videos I watch and share bring me to tears.  They are so touching and so meaningful and are a blessing to watch.  Today for example I watched a wonderful video about one of the beautiful little girls that was killed during the Sandy Hook shooting.  Her death caused so much pain for the family and especially the mother but through the love of others and the help of God she has started a non profit which helps other kids based on the giving and loving spirit of her child.  It was a wonderful video and I cried throughout it. 

When the video was over I went and looked to see how many people had seen the video.  The number was 304,793.  That was awesome.  Next to that was the like button.  3,996 people had liked this wonderful video.  Next to that was the dislike button, 141 people disliked this video. 

That shocked me. 141 people disliked a video about a family that lost a child and through that tragedy they were able to over come and not let evil win.  They created something meaningful and wonderful.  I don't get it, even if you don't believe in God how could you dislike a video about someone dealing with the pain of losing someone?  Are there really those kind of people in the world or were people just being stupid by clicking the dislike button?

I know... I know, there are people out there that don't believe in God.  There are people out there that believe that God should of stopped this thing from happening.  There are people out there that have evil in their heart and want to do bad things. 

In the video the mother says this:

"People ask but where was your God when this happened?  Why didn't he stop it?  God allowed others to kill his son.  He allows for us all to make our own choices, good and bad, because that is the only way Good can be in us is if we freely choose it over all else..."

I don't know why people choose the dislike button or are so negative in this world but it is their choice.  I choose good.  I choose the like button.  I choose to stand up for what is right and allow God to work through me through everything I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment