Sunday, January 8, 2012

Without You

Today was a long day.  I spent 13 hours at church.  I was there from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm.  It was such a long day but very productive.  Part of my day was spent shooting video for the upcoming retreat.  This retreat will be awesome! Everyone did a great job, but I really like working with Alex, Sarah, Danielle, and Selena on our Without You video.

After spending about 30 minutes working out what we were going to do for the video, the girls did an amazing job with their scenes and did exactly what they wanted to do.  I couldn't be happier with the end product.  They each participated and made it a lot of fun but it was still very spiritual at the same time.  It is fun when you can take a modern day pop culture song and without changing any of it, make it into a Christian song for a youth retreat.

Each of the girls have their own style and range in age from 10th grade to 6th grade.  They each listen to different music, watch different TV shows, enjoy different sports and activities, but they all have one thing in common, they are all Christians and love our youth group enough to spend part of their Sunday afternoon helping me film stuff for our retreat. 

On top of everything they did today, Danielle has volunteered to edit the video for me.  She is amazing with that stuff and I am truly blessed to have her helping me do things!  Thank you Danielle :) 

I think about it sometimes and I wonder if I would of done the things my youth do for me.  Would I have given up my Sunday afternoon to make a video that would be seen by the whole youth group at a retreat?  Would then spend the rest of afternoon hanging out at the church until youth group?  Would I have dedicated all the time and energy that I ask them to dedicate to things we do whether mission work or things for the youth program?

I would hope I would but my honest answer is probably no.  That is what is so awesome about our kids.  They do so much and are such a big part of the program.  I know that I do what I do for them, but the honest truth is that I couldn't do it without them.  So thank you girls for all your help, I couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment