Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Losing Weight

It is really hard to lose weight.  It is so much easier to put weight on.  I should know because I have gone back and forth a couple of times with my weight.  I am working hard right now and it is paying off.  Food has always been a crutch for me.  I never got into anything heavy like drugs, alcohol, or smoking, but I have always eaten a lot of food.

I am really good about not eating sweets and stuff until it is put in front of me.  I would go days without buying candy or cookies, but if a bag of Oreos was put in front of me, I would eat the whole thing.  I wouldn’t buy chips but if a bag was put in front of me, I would eat an entire bag.  It just happens, I don’t think about it and I can’t stop.
That is why I created this new program for myself.  I thought about the one aspect that was missing from any diet program that I have been on.  That was I have never invited God to help me with my weight issue.  I have never prayed about it or dedicated time to him while attempting to lose weight.
Being on a diet is sort of selfish, in fact you have to be.  You have to worry about yourself all the time, what you eat and when you work out.  You lose focus of what you are trying to do and ultimately, you slide back into eating again.  This is why I created a program that is a life style change instead of a diet.  I am going to lose weight the right way and continue the habits even after I lose the weight.  I am going to write devotions and praise God for giving me everything he has given me.
I will dedicate time and energy to not only eating right and exercising my body.  I am going to dedicate time to my heart, mind, and soul through my devotions, prayers, and thanks.  If you are on a diet, STOP…
Think about what you are doing and make sure that Christ is a part of your process.  Make him the center and everything else will fall into place. 

Start a life style change and come hang with ME and JC!

No comments:

Post a Comment