Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Love my Kids…

Today, four of my youth went with me to do some work on my house.  My house has been on the market for over 3 years now and we are having a tough time trying to sell it.  We decided to go with a different realtor and she asked us to make some changes to the yard.  I put out an all call and within an hour, I had four youth volunteer to come help me.  It was amazing.  They worked so hard.  They power washed, painted, mulched, removed a bush, and moved pine straw.  It would have taken me days to do what we did in a matter of hours. 
I love all my youth.  They are always there for me and come when I tell them that I need them.  Tuesday we had a big youth meeting that took all day.  We had over 14 youth there to plan the coming school year and help to rearrange the youth room.  It was amazing to have so many of them give up a day of their summer to be at church because it is so important to them. 
My youth make me so proud.  I love to watch them accomplish their goals and work hard.  I love to just hang out with them.  I love to go their sporting events and watch them play.  I am so thankful that God has blessed me with my job at St. Marks.  I can honestly say that most of my spiritual growth comes from my youth.  They help me in so many ways and make every hour I spend on programming worth it. 
I am so thankful with everything else there is in life, they make church a priority.  They make us a part of their family.   I want to thank you my youth for everything you do for me.  Thank you for your hugs, your smiles, your laughter.  Thank you for sharing so much with me and make me a part of your life.  Thank you for helping me to grow in my spiritual life as well as the life lessons that you teach me.  Know that I am here when you need me and always willing to listen.  Remember to be true to yourself and always keep that tunnel vision.  May your free will always lead you to keep Jesus, God, and St. Mark’s an important part of your life.  Love you all!
Special shout out to Chesson, Ian, Katy, and Josh for all your help today!  I couldn’t have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment