1. You must give out 10 hugs to friends and family today. This is a day of love and enjoyment. Love your neighbor as yourself and show it on this international holiday.
2. You must take a nap this afternoon. That’s right, at least a 30 minute cat nap to reenergize and enjoy your afternoon.
3. Eat whatever you want but only in moderation. Enjoy cookies, cakes, and pies but only don’t go overboard. We are trying to lose weight here but not without our sweet tooth being satisfied every once in a while.
4. If you have a Hokie shirt then you should wear it because today’s colors are orange and maroon.
5. Today is a day of self express, shoot a movie, write a song, start a blog, begin that novel, do something to express yourself.
6. Watch your favorite TV show or movie. May I suggest, Despicable Me? Love that movie!
7. Take time to express your spirituality. Read the bible, write a prayer, come to church and talk to the pastor, or whatever you would like to do to express yourself. It’s never too late to start!
8. Take time for yourself today. Do something for you. Whatever your favorite activity is, do it. Everyone needs time to do the things they like or you get lost in the world!
9. Remember everyone gets the day off so don’t go to school, work, or run errands. Enjoy your day and enjoy each other’s company.
10. Jesus loves you. You don’t need a special day to realize that. He wants to be in relationship with. We often are too busy to realize just how much he does and see the things that he puts in our lives to show us his love. Stop moving so fast, take time to appreciate the small things. Look around at God’s creation and you will see wonderful things that are only here on earth. May the Lord bless you and keep you, may his face shine upon you and bring you peace.
Enjoy the international holiday, I know that I will. Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. I hope to celebrate your international holiday in the near future!