Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Girls

Nothing brings a smile to my face or a feeling of warmth than to see my girls happy.  Tonight at basketball there were four of my girls and all of them were very happy.  It is awesome to see them smile and to talk with them when things are great.  Don’t get me wrong, it is always awesome to talk to them and be with them, but when they are happy, smiling, and having open lines of communication, it is wonderful.

Danielle plays for my basketball team in our league.  Although she and I were both having a rough night shooting the ball, we had a lot of fun trying to get the ball to each other, she was smiling and laughing and enjoying herself even though she was frustrated.  Is that even possible?  Well she did it tonight!
I had to fill in to start the second game tonight, and I got to play with Chesson who I hadn’t played with since last year.  She worked so hard on defense and trying to get open.  She was laughing and smiling the whole time and even made a car engine or airplane noise one time when she lost the ball out of bounds.  It made me laugh. 
Maryssa and Alex have been wonderful additions to the youth program.  They play so hard and are really good when they get an open shot.  Tonight both girls were working hard to get open and playing great defense.  I am so impressed with how many baskets they hit during a game.  I hope that in the future I get to play with them as well.
Yep it was great time at the basketball court tonight.  It was so much fun to be with all of them and talk about different things.  I am so proud of all of them for being out there and playing with us all the time.  They really do work hard and each year them improve so much.  I am so thankful for their participation in youth group.  All of my girls that come bring so much to the table and I love to hear their opinions.  They are growing on their spiritual walk and every day I see them grow.
It is hard being a youth today.  There are so many things in this world that can draw you down the wrong path.  My girls make an effort to follow the right path and they are at church all the time.  They make my job fun but more than that, they make my life fun.   Nothing is better than seeing them smile and getting a hug.  They truly are the daughters of God.  Thank you for all you do my girls.  All my love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment