Friday, August 2, 2013

God put a spell on me! OH WAIT... Danielle put a spell on me!

Tonight I had the privilege of getting to see Danielle acting.  She was amazing as was the entire cast of Godspell.  From the minute the play started I was fixated on where Danielle was and what she was doing.  I watched her every move at the beginning of the play.  I wanted to see every action because she had worked so hard.  I mean come on, two weeks of working 9 to 5 on a play.  That is hard work. It's like acting boot camp! 

It was well worth it though as you could tell how hard she and everyone else had worked to make this play great. The director had rewritten the play so there was some really funny parts.  The were actually a couple of places where they put in modern topics and news.  The guy who played Judas was very funny.  I was really impressed because a lot of his lines were made up on the spot. 

Danielle told me that she was really impressed by the main actress who played Jesus.  I believe that her name is Ruby.  Danielle said that she wished she could be like her, sing like her, and act like her.  She said that Ruby was the total package.  I can't argue with her on that.  Rudy did an amazing job, I mean it was awesome!  She really is a great actress and singer.  Here's the thing though, I think Danielle is the total package.

Danielle can act, she can dance, and she can sing.  All the same qualities that Ruby has.  Ok Ruby may have more training and a pure love for acting which motivates her to be the very best.  Danielle has that too, but she has so many other interests as well that make her well rounded.  She has great friends that she loves to spend time with.  She has a fantastic eye for making movies, acting in them, and editing them.  She is serious when she needs to me serious, loving when she needs to be loving, and funny and loud when it is okay to be funny and loud.

I think that the biggest thing that she has going for her is her love of God.  Okay yes the name of this particular play was Godspell and it was about the life of Jesus but Danielle has always believed and made church such an important part of her life.

Danielle and I are pretty close, we have had many long talks about many different things.  A lot of those talks have involved food.  I don't why I wrote that it's just a random fact!  Anyway, I can see it in her that when she puts her mind to it, she can accomplish anything.  That all is centered around her faith, not only in God but in herself.

Danielle is going to do great things in her life.  I have really enjoyed watching her to this point and I can't wait to continue to watch her grow in everything she does.  She is working hard to prepare ye the way of the Lord...

If you have the chance I recommend going to see the play! It is fantastic.  Everyone is fantastic in it, especially Danielle.  What can I say she's one of my girls!

Love you Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment