Monday, August 19, 2013

The Lizard...




I had a lot of great conversations with my youth today but my conversation with Lizzy just really brought a smile to my day.  It wasn't a great conversation or really deep but it was a real conversation.  It was a conversation about life and really enjoyed listening to your talk about life.  Sometimes our youth get lost in the shuffle and we forget that they are growing up so fast.  I am really proud of her and everything she stands for and I hope that she knows that. 

Liz came to youth group about 2 years ago and jumped right in with both feet.  She is at almost everything we do and so supportive of all the programs.  I know that I can count on Liz to be there and that she really wants to be there.  I have watched her grow in so many ways and her spirituality has skyrocketed since she joined the youth group. 

She hasn't had an easy life and there have been a lot of obstacles and frustrations along the way but she still stands tall (well as tall as Liz can stand).  Today we talked about those life experiences and how one day she will be able to look back on them and help a young girl at her church cope with the same obstacles and frustrations.  She would make a great youth mentor.

I am really proud of you Liz and so glad that you found our youth group.  It wouldn't be the same without your smiling face and loving nature :)  You are the best girlie and I thank you so much for the great talk we had today!  I am so thankful for you!  Love you girlie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment