Friday, August 9, 2013

The Story of Luke


Last night around 3:30 am I found myself unable to sleep.  I got some water and came into the den to see what was on TV.  I couldn't find anything that I was really interested in watching so I turned on my computer and surfed the internet.  While doing so I cam across this movie that looked interesting but was just something to watch until I was ready to try and go back to bed.  Instead I watched the whole movie.  I cried, I laughed, I got angry, and I was heartbroken all in the span of an hour and a half.

The story is about a 25 year old man who has autism.  He lived with his Grandmother and Grandfather all of his life until at the beginning of the movie his Grandmother passes away.  He is then forced to go live with his Uncle's family and his Grandfather is put into a home.  The story is about Luke wanting to get a job and become independent so that he can meet a girl.  Well really as you find out quickly because of some influences he wants to do more than meet a girl.  As he searches for a job you watch his family dynamics change as well as watch Luke mature as he gets experiences outside of his Grandparent's house.

Now honestly this movie is either rated PG 13 or rated R I believe for language and suggestive material and parts of it were a little over the top but overall I really enjoyed the movie.  The actor that plays Luke did an amazing job.  He had some really funny lines and some really serious lines.  I believe that one of the hardest roles to have in acting is when you have to play someone with a disability.  He made his character very believable and I wanted to help him, hug him, and shelter him from the world around him.

I as so glad that I couldn't sleep last night because if I had I would never have found this movie.  It makes me want to be a better person.  I highly recommend you give it a watch if you have the time! Just remember that there is language as well as sexual suggestive themes! 

"There are 3.2 billion females on this planet and I only need to find one..."
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment