Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Sweet Rewards!


When I decided to start trying to make a lifestyle change, I wanted to have something new that would be a constant reminder of why I am working so hard to be healthier.  I decided that I was going to buy something that would come in 1 pound containers or bags so that everyone of them I bought would represent me losing 1 pound of weight! 

Today I was walking through the grocery store trying to decide what to buy and I came across the sugar isle.  Food lion brown sugar costs $.99 which is perfect if I am going to lose a lot of weight and need to purchase something to represent each pound.  So as you can see I purchased 4 pounds of sugar because I lost 4 pounds last week!  It was very exciting!  Losing weight like that gets you excited and pumped to keep trying.  It is when you plateau that is frustrating, but we will worry about that when I get there.

I think sugar also helps to represent a lot of the reason that I am the way that I am.  Sugary foods and sweets I am sure have been the reason behind 2/3s of my weight.  I shall no longer rely food to make me feel good! 

I do plan to donate all the sugar to North Raleigh Ministries when I have reached my goal weight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment