Friday, August 23, 2013

The Batteries are Dead...



Today while I was using my computer my wireless mouse stopped working.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.  I shook it and tried to reconnect by pushing the button on the bottom.  I finally took it apart and replaced the batteries.  When I put it back together it worked great.  The batteries in my mouse were dead.

I was thinking about that today and I think a lot of us are running on dead or drained batteries. We work so hard and some many hours and a day.  Slowly those days become weeks and those weeks become years.  It is a never ending cycle.  With each day our bodies get warn down.  We don't take as good of care of them as we need too and so we become tired and overworked. Now I know that we all take vacations where we go somewhere with our families or friends, but how much of a break is that really?  We need to talk a day of me to recharge the batteries.

Think about it, when was the last time that you just took a day to be you?  I don't mean with the kids or your parents, or even your friends.  When did you just take a me day everything you did was all about you and what you wanted to do?  We get stuck in a cycle where we are constantly going.  When this happens our batteries start to run down.  The harder we work at school, our job, in our daily lives, the more juice our batteries lose. 

We need to just stop and take some time for ourselves. I know that it is not easy to do with everything that you have to do.  The thing is that if we don't stop to remember who we are, we will lose ourselves.  When we lose ourselves are batteries die.  That is the hardest part I think of having a family, a job, a career, friends, and life in general.  Everything molds us and changes us sometimes in ways that we don't want to be changed.  We forget what we truly stand for and we allow others to make decisions for us.

I know that we love our families and they mean the world to us but you need a day of me.  You need a day where you can remember who me is!  I think it is time for you to recharge the batteries.  Take a day of me and maybe your mouse will work better the next time you are in the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment