Sunday, December 25, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1: Jesus

Jesus is born!  Happy Birthday and praise the King of Kings! 


This could be the end of blog entry for today because that is all that needs to be said.  I am currently seating right next to the Christmas tree writing this on my new laptop with my new kindle plugged into it charging.  The other presents from my Christmas are at my feet.  My brother's, Mother's, Father's, and Sister in law's present surround me as well.  Christmas music is on the radio and we are just relaxing and enjoying the day.

It is hard to believe that it is over.  There is such a build up to get to this day and just like that it is done.  It goes so quickly when you actually open the presents. Some of us got gifts we didn't want or that will be gone before you know it because they are eatable.  Some will break or wear out over time while others may actually last for a while.  Some of the gifts might not even get opened because it was something they didn't want.

Gifts are great, but you must remember that the most wonderful gift of all was given to us today.  Jesus was born for our sins to be forgiven and to show us how to love and care for one and other in the way that God intended.  We are so blessed but like other gifts we have been given, we often take it for granted that Jesus was born and that he died for us.  We need to keep that close to our hearts. 

He was born in a manger to human parents, he grew up being taught as a carpenter, he taught in the temple and was baptized by John the Baptist.  After teaching and preaching to the people and to his disciples, he was crucified, died, and was buried.  On the third day, he rose and ascended to heaven where he sits now at the right hand of God the father.

I may not know how the Christmas story really went or what people felt or thought, I only know the way that I pictured it, and you know what, that is enough for me.  I am so thankful for Christmas, for the time with family and for the many gifts I have received.  I am most thankful for the greatest gift that God has ever given me, Jesus. 

Happy Birthday Jesus!  This celebration in 2011 has been wonderful and I can't wait to celebrate again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment