Thursday, December 15, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 11: Gaspar

We are on our way.  It was slow moving at first as we tried to determine the best route to take to follow the star.  I have never seen a star so bright before and I have been following and watching stars for a long time now.  I can tell you constellations and formations of stars even without the maps or the looking glass.  This is exciting, although I am older and wiser in years than my younger days I have never ventured far from our home city. 

I was always studying and reading books.  I had to take care of my mother she was really sick when I was younger.  In between studying and working to help support the family, I would do whatever my mother needed.  She was such a loving woman and it was hard to watch her get sicker.  One day when I was about 13, I came into her room with dinner and she told me she had something for me.  She reached under her bed and brought out a bag of Frankincense.  Frankincense is used for many different things but mostly it can be used for its frequencies to create perfumes.  My mother wanted me to do just that so that she could wear perfume which was extremely expensive at the time while she was still alive.

I spent many days working on the perfume until I perfected it.  It made her so happy to get the perfume.  She wore it everyday.  I came into her room one day and found her eternally sleeping, she was so peaceful and I could smell the perfume on her as if it was like any other day.  I think that is why I have chosen Frankincense my gift to give the Son of God, because Frankincense will always remind me of my mother and the day she went to be with God.  Frankincense is an expensive reminder of her love and of her life, she was a very giving loving woman just like I am sure this new born child will be.  It will be so exciting to see him.

As we ride, the night seems to be getting longer as if hours as being added.  I can't be sure but I think the star is even brighter.  We plan to stop in Jerusalem and visit with King Herod with the hope that he can tell us where to find the baby so that we know we are on the right path.  I can't wait to see the baby and met the king of kings, the Son of God.  Melchior said something about an Inn with a pool.  I love to swim so we will see what it is like when we get there.  Man it is getting colder I think.  We should be in Jerusalem soon. I can't believe how close we are!

I just realized something, it sure is quiet out here, it is definitely a silent night...

No comments:

Post a Comment